Firstly, why the world didn’t end today, based on the Mayan calendar. I put this theory up over at Harper’s blog, and decided to re-post my own words here. Today is a day for reposting, it seems.
Personally, I think the reason the calendar stopped was this Mayan was busy chipping away, and, Bob, the head executioner stopped by to chat.
Bob: So, Mike the Mayan, what’s up?
Mike: Oh, just working on this calendar the High Priest commissioned. I’m all the way up to 21 December 12. I’m getting ready to carve 22 December 12. How are the human sacrifices going?
Bob: Yeah, well, I need to talk to you about that–you see, you’re next.
And this, my friend, is why the calendar ended on 21 December 12. That’s my version, and I’m sticking to it, by jingo.
Nextly,Tim was kind enough to point out that I missed my one year anniversary of blogging. He was right! It was on 5 December 12, and, I completely let it slide by.
So, here is a copy of my first blog post, which tells about me. A few things have changed (I put those parts in italics), otherwise, I’m the same old me, with the inclusion of a few new gray hairs.
From what I’ve seen, if you are starting a new Blog, you should offer up some information about yourself, which saves your reader from having to click on the profile part and seeing who you are and stuff. So, I’ll start there.
1. If I could be anyone, it’d be Tina Fey, only without the toddler.
2. Yes, I watch reality TV, including the RHNJ. I’m semi ashamed of this, so, I usually watch it with the curtains closed.
3. It helps that I suffer from agoraphobia, so, I don’t mind sitting in my living room with the curtains closed. This also is handy when I go shopping, since I tend to go at 2AM. Surprisingly, there are other people shopping then, too. I’ve no idea who they are or why they are there, nor do I care. If they leave me alone, I’m okay with leaving them alone. (I’m better about this now, and, can go out more often than I once did. I’m not anywhere near ‘normal’, but, I’m not shopping at 2AM anymore, either)
4. I like my cat for a number of reasons, the main one being #5
5. I don’t like crickets or mice. Fortunately, I have a cat, and, she deals with those things for me.
6. I avoid malls. See #3.
7. I can bellydance.
8. I have tattoos. Little ones.
9. Although I can curse like a sailor, I tend not to, because I’m afraid my grandmother will leave her grave and beat me.
10. I can’t figure out how to wear false eyelashes. Not that I need them, since I only do the 2AM shopping and the occasional foray into Target, but, it’d be nice to have that knowledge.
11. I can’t swim.
12. I have a 127 IQ. (I will now make sure I edit before I post. Sorry!)
13. I love Macs.
14. I’ve never tried crack.
15. I’ve found out the best way to keep your family or friends from talking about you is to show up at all events. Sadly, I can’t do that anymore, so, I guess I’m the one they talk about. (Except my Aunt Lee, of course)
16. In the last year, I’ve made some great friends via the world of blogging, and, I treasure each of them. Some are currently on hiatus, including Michael Cargill, Lisa of A Gripping Life and Harper Faulkner. I’m in the hopes they return sooner than later. Life is better with them around.
17. I’m bi-polar. This does not mean I have houses at both the North and South Pole. It does explain some of my quirks, including my inability to grasp nuances at times or understand that some questions are rhetorical and thus do not need to be answered. Wow. That’s a load off, confessing that out loud to the community. I’ll blog about it one day in full, but, today is not that day.
Welcome to my world!